Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Monday, April 30, 2007

Update email from Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Well, after several weeks of intense planning, logistical quandaries, and a move unlike any other, Edgar and I have finally arrived in London! The flight was, thankfully, very uneventful, and I actually got some sleep...thanks to completely horizontal seats courtesy of British Airways! We check in to our apartment tomorrow (Wednesday) and begin this new exciting adventure.

Last week was completely indescribable as I had eight people in my home packing all of our possessions to be shipped to four different places. There was only one of me, so you can imagine the whirlwind that was! Somehow, I feel confident that everything will get where it is supposed to go...I guess I'll find out in the very near future. It was completely exhausting and I almost burst into tears as Lee, our driver from the airport to our hotel today, opened his car door for me and said, "Please, madam, have a seat...your work is done."

Tomorrow will be busy with grocery shopping, small appliance purchases (many appliances don't work over here because the voltage is different), and phone/Internet/cable setup. That should be an adventure in itself! I'll keep in touch as best I can these next few days as we get everything turned on. There are plenty of Internet Cafes around, so I'm sure I can at least check email.

We are living in Richmond, which is about 7 miles west of London, and straddles the Thames River. It is absolutely beautiful and as you climb to the top of Richmond via Richmond Hill, you get a panoramic view of London. It has lots of little shops, cafes, and restaurants off the beaten path and there is plenty of opportunity to explore. Check our new home out at www.totallyrichmond.co.uk

Please keep in touch and I promise to do the same. Take care!

No comments: