Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Almost There...

I had high hopes of a normal night's sleep last night. After only 3 hours of sleep the previous night and a jaunt through London and the British museum, I felt positive I would be dreaming all night long. I was so tired I couldn't even cook dinner (darn the luck ;)). I literally crawled to bed after taking 2 tylenol PM's to seal the deal. I was in lala land by 9:30pm...only to wake up wide eyed at 2:30am. I guess it was a nice little nap and I tossed and turned until falling back asleep at 5:30am. I did wake up earlier than yesterday (10am), so that's progress. I feel very refreshed today and began the fun task of unpacking and laundry. Hopefully this will be the last night of insomnia.

I am determined to make Spanish my second language this year. There are so many stories and memories I want to be able to share with Edgar's family and I am beginning to feel very limited with my 5 stock verbs and rudimentary "me gusta" and "te gusta". I do know more than I give myself credit for and in a controlled situation I do very well. It's just when you get mom, sister, nephew, 5 friends, 7 cousins, and multiple aunts and uncles conversing together that I tend to get a little lost. So I purchased the Rosetta Stone language learning software and I am very optimistic that it will help me. It is considered the #1 language software and is used by NASA and many large corporations when employees need to learn a new language fast. Perhaps the fact that they are already rocket scientists boosts their learning curves, but I think I can still do it. I would say that I will keep you updated on my progress, but I think the real test will come when either we visit Colombia again, or we host one of his family members...those are always great stories.

Hasta Manana! See...progress already!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope you get back on track and into your regular groove soon! it was great to see you before you left - and we'll see you again soon! PS good luck with the Spanish!