Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Star Brunch

I've been in London for over 2 years and the only star sighting I've had is a very long distance glimpse of Sienna Miller and her ex-boyfriend Rhys Ifans at the Hyde Park German Christmas market 2 years ago. I've seen a few British TV personalities while out and about...one of the BBC news anchors and another guy who is the go to doctor for medical programs. Richmond is home to Jerry Hall and occasionally Mick Jagger. I walk veeeerrrryyy slowly every time I pass their flats, but I have yet to see them. Edgar and I went for brunch this morning and I finally had my first close encounter with a star. Pete Townsend, of The Who fame, lives here in Richmond...very close to Mick and Jerry...and he sat down at the table right in front of Edgar and I. At first I wasn't sure if it was him, but I googled him when we got home and it was definitely him. I heard he and his dining companion say something about a "fantastic recording studio" and that pretty much sealed the deal. I think he must be a regular at this place because the wait staff knew how he liked his coffee. He seemed like a nice guy and I'm very glad I can say I've finally seen one of our famous residents.

1 comment:

Joe & Lara said...

hey vonda! saw your comment on my blog...how are you? i'd heard you were living abroad... i'll bet it's amazing! i love your blog! would love to go see all the places you've seen (someday:) how exciting!
take care,
lara