Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Original Maids of Honour


The Original Maids of Honour was the perfect setting to celebrate the upcoming marriage of my friend Catalina. I feel very fortunate to have made some great friends here in London and even more fortunate to have a history with some of them! Catalina is a long-time friend of Edgar after they met in Cali at University and she is now a friend of mine. She is engaged to Sebastian, a Londoner, and will marry on June 2!


In true English fashion, Charlie, myself, and Catalina sat down to a luncheon and afternoon tea at the Original Maids of Honour near Kew Gardens. Maids of Honour are actually little pastries thought to have originated in Richmond Palace when King Henry ate them from a silver dish with Anne Boleyn and the Royal Court. They are very tasty and kind of like a custard flavor with a buttermilk pie texture. Of course, you know me...I will track down the recipe and attempt to make them myself...even though the recipe is supposedly a family secret passed down from generation to generation in this bakery.


Congratulations to Catalina and Sebastian! We are so happy for you and wish you the best!

No comments: