Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Summer is Here!

Well, we've waited for a very long time to say that summer has arrived here in London. It came yesterday, and, according to the weather people, it's leaving today. Two glorious days of hot (90F). Although I think it was hotter back in the beginning of June. Oh well, we take what we can get, and, quite frankly, I'm quite happy to not be lugging my pregnant self around in extreme heat.

Life has been a little slow for us lately. We are mostly hanging out around the house and visiting with friends. Our baby gear research and shopping is beginning to unfold. For some reason, even though I am obviously pregnant, I feel like an outsider when I visit these baby stores. It's as if I feel like people just look, laugh, and say "What do they think they are doing in here?" And most of the time, we walk around with a deer in headlights look on our faces. We are trying to keep it simple and not be the parents who buy a bunch of un-needed stuff. Since we will be moving back to the US, we'll wait to stock up at that time. For the first six weeks, we're just concentrating on the basic essentials. When you live in a small space and really think about it, it's amazing what you realize you can do without!

This past weekend, we had lunch with our good friends Larren, Deena, and their adorable 8 month old daughter, Keira. They gave us some good advice and Keira is so good and sweet, that we weren't totally scared of our impending parenthood journey.

Sorry there isn't more to report! I'm trying to upload my 20 week ultrasound video to youtube so you can see our little one. I don't know if it will work, but I guess we'll all find out!

No comments: