Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Few Days Rest and Then Off to the Park

After two days of intense walking, we needed a little break. One thing I completely underestimated about pregnancy was how I would get so completely exhausted doing normal things like walking. My stamina just isn't what it used to be. Edgar wound up having to go into work on Sunday (highly unusual for him), so we slept in and caught up on some laundry. Monday saw us take a small walk around Richmond to run errands and then lunch at one of my local hang outs.

Today, I finally felt almost fully recovered. Even if I wasn't, I can't handle staying in the house for longer than 2 days. We loaded up in the car and headed to the High Street Kensington area. Our first stop was Whole Foods Market. Funny how Whole Foods is an American company, began in Austin (my first place to live outside of home), and their first major visit to it was here in London. We meandered around the 3 floors of deliciousness and finally decided on some lunch in the food court area. I think Mom and Dad were impressed by all the different types of food there were.



After lunch we walked across the street into Kensington Park. Kensington Palace is the focal point of this park and Mom decided she wanted to do the tour. Dad and I decided not to go in, so we hung out on a bench admiring the Sunken Garden. It's beautiful and so peaceful. We enjoyed the people watching and laughing at the antics of all the birds and ducks.

(Mom and Dad sitting in Front of the Sunken Garden with Kensington Palace in the background)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep Whole Foods Market is the BOMB! We love it too only we don't get to go very often. Sometimes it is more trouble to get to than it's worth - but it is an awesome store.