Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Friday, July 24, 2009

London Wetlands Center

Dad really enjoys birdwatching, so I thought a trip to the London Wetlands Center in Barnes would be appropriate. Barnes is just up the road from us and a very easy drive. One look at their website told me everything I needed to know...my three favorite words here in London..."ample free parking". The Wetlands is a manmade resevoir where birds, ducks, and geese of all kinds migrate and hang out during the different seasons. We didn't see as many different types of birds as we wanted, but we saw plenty of ducks! It was a beautiful day outside (no rain) and we had a very relaxing day meandering around the trails and spying on wildlife through our binoculars.

No comments: