Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Friday, June 15, 2007

PRINCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if they are advertising it much in the States, but Prince is supposedly retiring and has decided to play his last 21 concerts in August and September here in London. The tickets for the final 6 dates went on sale this morning at 9am and I GOT THEM!!!!

I would like to thank my mom for training me for this day. Her days of winning Six Flags tickets and Alabama concert tickets from KPEP 98.5 in Gatesville was my training ground. Although in those days (pre-internet), she would dial the entire phone number except for the last digit and wait for the cue to call, at which time she would release the last digit and be caller #1! It was a fantastic, clever coup.

This morning I made sure all of my Ticketmaster info was updated, so checkout would be speedy. I then added one of the ticket phone numbers to my landline address book, and the other to my cell phone....3 chances to get through. I had the landline on my ear, the cell on speakerphone, and Ticketmaster reloading. It only took about 10 minutes, but I made it through on Ticketmaster. I actually made it through on one phone line as well, but the ordering was a bit cumbersome.

So September 6 is the day! Should be an awesome show!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You Rock! Congratulations - that will surely be the show of a lifetime - ENJOY!

Flo said...

Still love to read your blogs. How exciting that you and Edgar are still going and doing things. I am glad you had your bus pass. I have often wondered traveling in Europe that they don't seem to check your tickets. Now I know it is alwasy wise to buy the tickets.
Isn't Prince William and Prince Harry having a big concert too, real soon?
Keep up the blogging.