Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Summer-Hello and Goodbye

It has been a while since my last post, but with the beautiful weather we've been having here in London, who wants to stay inside on the computer?

The weather forecasters around here are saying that this past Sunday was "THE HOTTEST DAY OF THE YEAR!!!" What? Really? That was it? 86F? I barely even broke a sweat as Edgar and I lazed on the Thames with about 1000 other sun seekers. I was so worried about not having an air conditioner in our flat. I couldn't imagine going through a summer and not needing one. Even Columbus, Ohio got pretty toasty in the summer. I was even scoping out these portable AC units that can be rented...but I guess everyone was right...it just doesn't get very hot here.

While I do still long for a searing hot Texas day and a cool dip in the San Marcos river, I will take my 86F summers these next two years and enjoy them. Now about those winters...

No comments: