Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Great River Race-I MADE THE TEAM!!!


You may recall from an earlier post that I had taken up rowing (well, sculling actually) with a group of ladies one night a week. I was just doing it for fun exercise and to try something new. Two of the ladies were in training mode for the Great River Race in September. There were two additional spots open on the team and Charlie and I made it!


Our team name is the Blistered Sisters and on September 8, we will scull 22 miles down the River Thames from Richmond to Greenwich. This is the part where I need your help! Our team is raising money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and I would greatly appreciate your support as I tackle this new endeavour. It is super easy to give at our online donation page. A few minutes of your time and your generosity can make all the difference for the millions affected by this disease. Thank you in advance for your donation!


So last year I did my first triathlon, and this year will be my first River Race...a new adventure to keep things interesting. We just got news on the identity of the celebrity starter...STING!!! Can you believe it? I'll have the camera ready!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations V! I love your blog. You seem to be having such a wonderful time over seas. WE miss you here in Texas and at the United Way!