Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Finally Some Travel Plans!

We are putting our travel wheels in motion and have several trips lined up...

1) We decided last night to go to Amsterdam this weekend. We leave on Saturday morning and will return Monday morning at 7am. We fly into the London City Airport which in next to Canary Wharf where Edgar works, so he will have plenty of time to make his 10am meeting! I just booked our hotel this morning, so we are set to go. We probably won't see any tulips, but, it's Amsterdam...I can only imagine what we'll see!

2) Since we didn't make it to Colombia in December, we are headed to Bogota Feb 20-25to visit with Edgar's family and participate in the baptism of his new nephew, Nicolas. It will be a quick trip, but we, and Edgar's family, are so looking forward to seeing each other. I've got the Rosetta Stone on high alert.

3)I knew I packed my snow pants for a reason! March 8-11, we will attempt to ski the French Alps in a little village called Bourg St. Maurice. We will fly into the Lyon airport, where we will rent a car for the 2-hour journey to the resort. This will be my second ski trip and Edgar's first, so it should be a fun time. I am so excited to see the scenery!

We are planning something for April, as Edgar has promised me and himself a respite from his endless CFA study sessions (THANK GOD THIS IS HIS LAST TEST!). We are thinking Spain or Thailand, but haven't made any decisions. Anyone have any pointers? I'm thinking Spain in hopes of seeing the lavendar and beautiful flowers in bloom. I can taste the paella and sangria already!

No comments: