Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

We're Headed to Bogota, Colombia

I'm pretty much packed...just waiting to see what Edgar will have so we can arrange everything as efficiently as possible. Our dreams of a carry-on only trip won't happen since we will have some liquids larger than the mandated 100ml or less. It will be the longest flight I've ever taken. We leave Gatwick at 10:30am, will have an 8 hour flight to Newark's Liberty Airport, and then a 6 hour flight to Bogota. We will arrive in Bogota at 9:30pm local time, which means 2:30am London time.

We are really looking forward to seeing Edgar's family. One of the main reasons we are going, other than hanging out with them, is to participate in his nephew's baptism. I am very honored to have been asked to be Nico's Godmother, so it should be a special day for all of us.

We will be back on Tuesday morning. Hopefully I won't be as jetlagged as my last jaunt across the pond. I don't think 6 days will give me enough time to make that time transition as completely as I did during the holidays. I hope everyone has a great week and weekend! ~Vonda

3 comments:

On Our List said...

Vonda,
I just noticed you had a blog when I was checking my facebook account. WOW!!! I am so jealous!!! You get to go to all the places I can only dream about. You are amazing. Have a great trip!!!

On Our List said...

Sorry to write another comment but my baby hit the computer and by luck hit the enter button and it sent my comment without me being finished. I added you to my blog(I hope you don't mind) because I loved reading your blog...it was so interesting.

Anonymous said...

Hi Vonda and Edgar. I wanted to share the following link with you.
This was an awesome show not only because Jr. (your mom's uncle) was in it, but the featured family is unbelievable. Make sure you have 1 1/2 hours when you get ready to watch for it is 86 minutes long. Oh, you might want to have the Kleenex ready!http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing
Your web-site is fabulous. Hope you are doing well and you have a safe trip! Cousin Anna (annadunahoo@comcast.net)