Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Shake, Rattle and Roll

So apparently there was an earthquake last night. The epicenter was in Lincolnshire on the west central coastline of the island. I actually felt the earthquake, but didn't know what it was until I read about it today. I was up late reading a book and the windows started rattling, but it was not unlike the rattles that occur when the wind blows very hard. I did think it kind of strange because the doors made some noise, but we get all kinds of creaks in this old building. I did a London walk today and everything around town seemed fine, so no problems in London. Edgar was fast asleep after our 14 hour plane ride from Bogota and then a full day of work, so I think he would not have woken up if the roof caved in. I could make all kinds of jokes about my world being rocked, but since this is a family blog, I will let you use your imagination and laugh at your own jokes...

Update: Lincolnshire is on the EASTERN coastline of England...sorry for any confusion, blame it on the jet lag I thought I didn't have.

No comments: