Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Saturday, June 7-Celebrate Good Times

I dropped Edgar off at his testing center...well, we walked out the hotel front door and across the parking lot...and then I hopped on the train to head home and prepare for our BBQ. My first job was to put the grill together. Yes, I know, a little late in the game, but I'm a pro at putting things together, and with all three of our heads and hands, we had it up and ready in record time.

I could not have put this party together without Mom and Dad. Mom was a workhorse as usual, and had things ready to go before I even had to ask her. Dad was a huge help in getting the back garden set up...hauling things from our flat down to the picnic tables. When it was showtime, he started up the fire and grilled delicious hamburgers and hotdogs. The party was a huge success. The night was beautiful and the garden was lovely with glowing candles and our good friends. They included Shawn and Charlie, Lilly and Aron, Catalina and Sebastian, and our upstairs neighbor Roger.

I am so happy this test is over...but I'm sure not more so than Edgar. He put in more effort for this test than any of the other two. I am happy to have my husband back and be able to finally plan and do things after 6 months of "I have to study". Most importantly, beyond the 6 months of studying and delayed travel, I am so proud of my husband. He has a dedication and drive that is rarely seen in people. This certification is entirely self-study...there's no homework and no one prodding you to read the next chapter. There were so many times he could have said "I'll do it tomorrow", but he never did. His results will arrive in mid-July to early-August, but I am confident he did great. I know in my heart that he passed and will finally be able to add those three little letters behind his name. Only someone who has gone through this can truly appreciate the meaning of those three little letters-CFA.

No comments: