Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Trains and Really Old Things

Mom and Dad took their first train ride today. Here they are proudly displaying their Travelcards. We journeyed into London Waterloo via train and then hopped onto the Northern Tube line to Tottenham Court Road, where we disembarked and walked to the British Museum. I think they enjoyed the train ride and I was very proud of their enthusiasm and go-get-em attitude.




The British Museum has some really, really, old stuff in it. When I go to places like the British Museum, I play a little game where I try to find the oldest thing I have ever seen. Up until today, my personal best was some Ancient Egyptian artifacts in Paris's Louvre Museum dating to 32ooBC. Well, today I saw neo-lithic statues and a human skull from...are you ready for this??? 7200BC!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if I can top this one. Those things were 9200 years old! I guess the quest will continue....

Tomorrow will hopefully bring a sunny day to enjoy our walk through Kew Gardens.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like ya'll got a little rain too! here: windy & hotter than .. well, you know what i mean

Anonymous said...

we are having the time of our life,mom and dad

On Our List said...

9200 years old...IMPRESSIVE!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of Kew Gardens.

love ya!!!

Le Couvent - www.roujan.com said...

Hey, Vonda

We hope your Mum & Dad have a wonderful time in Europe. If you're in the Languedoc, do call by to see us at Le Couvent, Roujan