Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Week 36

Week 36!!! We are in the homestretch!!! My regular doctor is on vacation until next week, so today I met his backup and she is really nice. I am in great hands either way. The best part was that she has an ultrasound machine in her exam room that she uses to check the baby, so I got to see the little guy again. She showed me that he has hair and I also got to see some fat rolls on his tummy. I told her my fear that he was going to be a gigantic baby based on my 4D ultrasound, but she said she didn't feel like he was. She thinks he is the right size for my body. PHEW! Everything looked great as usual and I was in and out in 10 minutes. I'll see her one last time next week and then it's back to my regular doctor until the grand appearance.

We finished our prenatal classes this past Monday and I have to say I was thoroughly impressed with them. Not that you can ever be fully prepared to be a parent, but the organization I took the classes through focuses on the whole process of having a baby, from pregnancy and birth, right on through to the transition to parenthood. So we learned alot more than just the stages of labor and the pain relief options, we learned what we would go through personally and as a couple and how to tackle some of the common obstacles that can make that transition more difficult. We met so many people right here in Richmond and now have 14 instant friends in the same position as us. The women in the group are fabulous and I am so lucky that they all live literally a block away from me. In fact, we were all so sad that the classes ended, that we are keeping our usual Monday night time slot open, but instead of meeting for class we are going to meet at different pubs and just hang out...at least until we start dropping like flies and then eventually start showing up again with newborns.

Sorry for the lack of posting on Week 35. Edgar and I came down with some kind of stomach virus on Wednesday and I spent Thursday at the doctor's offices and the hospital for monitoring, etc. to make sure everything was OK. I was pretty dehydrated, but the baby and myself checked out fine in the end. I was just sent home and told to sip water and sleep. By Sunday, we were fine and back to normal. Thanks to those of you who kept me on my toes (...Sharla).

3 comments:

On Our List said...

Still looking amazing. He is almost here too. You will love it. Just get all the rest you can now b.c in a few weeks you won't have a chance to.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there little one nana and papaw are packing and will see you soon. Mommie you are looking wonderful. See you soon.
Love you, mom

James, Sharla, Alli & Madi said...

Okay, okay...I guess a stomach virus is a good enough excuse for no 35 week pic :)

You look great, and I'm glad you're feeling better. You're in the home stretch, and I can't wait to meet him!