Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Week 37

Wow...little baby is really growing now. He is putting on fat, which means pure weight and inches for me! Just in the past week, I've really started feeling pregnant, as in tired with no stamina. We had a small hiccup last weekend with some pain on my side and some elevated liver blood levels. The conclusion was that I must have pulled a muscle or ligament, which caused the pain, and the elevated liver levels were caught by accident while trying to figure out what was wrong with my side. In the end, the pain comes and goes, but is nothing to worry about, and the liver levels have returned to normal. Apparently they were a by-product of the stomach virus I had the weekend before. My doctor will never believe this. I've had such an uneventful pregnancy and in the two weeks he goes on vacation, all this drama happens.

Edgar is working so hard to get our flat ready for the baby. I do what I can, but it's not much these days. He is such a superstar and I really can't say how much I appreciate him. He is the perfect partner for this journey and I really could not have made it without him. He has fed me, clothed me, cleaned up after me, painted my toenails, provided me with endless ice cream...the list really is endless. I have a pregnancy journal that chronicles the changes in baby and myself on a daily basis, and since I've received it, he's read it every single night. It's our ritual before we go to sleep. I love him so much.

Mom and Dad arrive on Tuesday morning. We are very excited to have them for a few weeks! It should be a great Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh vonda! how sweet you and edgar both are. you guys are just the sweetest couple and bryan and I are really happy for your new addition that is on the way. the two of you will be awesome parents. glad to know that aunt judy & uncle larry will be on their way soon to be with you. I'll be glued to the blogs for news of this little bundle!!
Love ya,
Valerie

Le Couvent - www.roujan.com said...

C'mon Vonda, more pics of Lucas please. Your blog followers will need the latest update. Surely you haven't got your hands too full for your blog!!!!!!

huge hugs from Ali & I

Lizzie xxx