Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Deer in Richmond Park



I love Richmond Park. About a 10 minute walk from our flat, it's 2500 acres of nature with miles and miles of walking/jogging, biking, and horse riding trails. The perimeter is approximately 7 miles, which makes for a nice little exercise outing. The fact that it is hilly makes it a perfect place to cycle and world class cyclists do come out here to practice. One of the main attractions of the park is the fact that it holds the Queen's deer...all 650 of them...although they have just begun the culling season, so some of them won't be with us for much longer. Everytime we go to the park, I say I'm going to take some photos of these amazing creatures, but I keep forgetting my camera. Well, today was the day. The sun was shining and the air was brisk...we put on our shoes and started deer hunting. Sorry to Bill, John, Greg, and James...they don't open the cull season to the public.

No comments: