Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Friday, November 09, 2007

In Da Club

Charlie invited me to join a Book Club a few months ago. I missed the first meeting because I was in Greece...thankfully they all understood and didn't kick me out. So last night was the second meeting and I finally got to join in on the fun and meet up with 5 glamorous women to eat good food, drink wine, talk...and, oh yeah, discuss the book. Charlie chose the book and hosted. It was very appropriate that she chose Astrid & Veronika by Swedish author Linda Olsson. Much of the book is set in Sweden so not only is it a beautiful story of friendship, but we also got to learn about some of Swedish Charlie's culture. It all just made me want to pick berries in the forest and dance around the Maypole.

The next "meeting" will be at the end of January, which means I will have a great book to keep me occupied on those long plane rides to and from TEXAS!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are ya'll coming for Christmas? Or sometime this holiday season? Let me know when we might see you guys!

Vonda & Edgar said...

I will be in Texas from Dec 12-Jan 12. I've already started the countdown! I will probably spend the majority of the time in Gatesville, but I am also going to try to get to Austin and Houston. I'll let you know when I get it all figured out.

Anonymous said...

That Charlie girl seems to be a cool chick......Vonda kay, I finally read it. I like the deer!Cx

Vonda & Edgar said...

Oh yeah, that Charlie is the coolest. I can't believe I'm her friend!