Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Brit Awards 2009


Tonight saw the Brit Awards 2009. It's the UK equivalent of the Grammy's. I don't think I really watched them last year for some reason. I don't know why...maybe I just wasn't that interested. The show was fun, funny, fast, and I was really sad when it was over. I've really gotten more into the British music scene this past year and there were several of my favorite artists up for awards (not all British). They were all so good! Some standout nominees were ColdPlay, Estelle, Gabriella Cimli, The Killers, among others. But my favorite artist of the evening, and she cleaned house, was DUFFY!!!! She won 3 of the 4 awards she was nominated for-Best Female Artist, Breakout Artist, and Album of the Year. The only one she didn't win was Single of the Year for "Mercy". She was beat out by Girls Aloud's "The Promise". The performances were great! My favorite was the collaboration between The Ting Tings and Estelle. It rocked the house!!!! I haven't found a good youtube of it yet, but I'll post it when I do. Until then, enjoy a photo of me singing along to "Warwick Avenue" with Duffy and my best spatula microphone. I love this song and sing it often and very loud.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it to. Meet you at the tube sometime, Mom.

Anonymous said...

You go girl. Mom