Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Travel Emergencies

Sometimes, when we or our friends travel, we encounter slight emergencies or glitches in our plans. These can be caused by hotels that look great on the Internet but turn out to be crappy rat holes in person, missed ferries due to weather conditions/sea sickness, or new train times because the city you thought was going to be great turns out to be a bummer and you just can't wait to leave. This is when the magic of the Internet comes into action and a little prayer that someone will be at home to do some research for you and book a ticket/check times/make new reservations. Lilly and Aron were in Africa and Spain this past weekend with Aron's mom. I haven't gotten the full story yet, but I'm assured that everyone is laughing about it now. All I know is that I received several phone calls Sunday and Monday begging for ferry company and airline phone numbers. I think it had something to do with high wind, a cave, and a nice hotel. Nonetheless, Lilly, Aron, and Aron's mom made it back to the UK...finally...and I can't wait to hear all about it. Below is a picture of me playing travel agent...notice the Spain guidebook on the couch next to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE know all too well about how things can change. Thanks to Lilli we made it back from France. Mom

Anonymous said...

i know you have got to be the best travel agent ever! you should consider a career as one or open your own agency! i know that if i needed any help, you'd be the one i'd call!