Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Driving Test Date

Well I've returned from another fascinating driving lesson. What a pain. I just decided to quit defending my actions, listen to what he says with a nod and smile on my face, and know that I AM a good driver, and also that just because I didn't turn left at exactly the angle he would have preferred doesn't mean I am a bad driver. This could turn into a real self esteem issue. One thing that is really starting to bug me is the lack of STOP signs. They just put these white lines in the road, which are very easy to miss, especially when it has been raining or they haven't been painted in ages. But I'm certain that should STOP signs begin to appear, someone from a neighborhood association would begin a petition in protest of the "loss of visual amenity" of the area and demand they be taken down at once. Safety or Beauty...oh the dilemma.

On the same note, I have a date for the official "practical test", which is the one I am so nervous about. It will be Tuesday, May 6 at 9:17am. So I have one more full lesson next week, and then an hour and half lesson right before the test. He suggested that I might try to squeeze in one more lesson, but considering he told me I would need 4-5 lessons, and that will be my 5th lesson, I may take my chances and not schedule another one. I may change my mind, but I think I am doing well. I'm just not going to think about it or it will drive me crazy.

1 comment:

On Our List said...

That is so intense. My driving self esteem is going down as I read this...you are a great driver. Seriously, they drive on the wrong side of the road...if you have that mastered...then you will do fine....b/c I would get so confused.