Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Oh the weather outside is frightful...


In response to my previous Spring Tease post, the answer is "Yes, it was just a tease." This was the wonderful scene we woke up to today, a beautiful view of our back garden, which we share with the 3 other flats in our building. The snow hung around for about an hour before it started to melt and what I like to call "the second snowfall" began. This is the process by which all the accumulated snow begins to fall off of the trees and high places, making it look like a snowfall all over again.

This is the view from our bedroom window, which overlooks the street out front. We're supposed to get more snow on Tuesday...I can't believe it's April and I'm still drinking hot chocolate!

3 comments:

On Our List said...

I agree with you...is it really April? I woke up this morning to snow too. What place in Mexico were you talking about? I might have to go there next week so I can experience some spring weather. :)

Love ya,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Remember Easter 2007 we had about 4 inches of snow and the blue bonnets were covered. Was such a beautiful sight. Love you mom

Anonymous said...

Snow - wow! i'll hope you get some warm weather soon. take care!