Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Biggest Game in the History of the World!!!!


UPDATE: WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HERE'S THE BREAKDOWN-FULL 90 minute game, tied 1-1. 30 minute overtime, still tied 1-1. 5 Penalty kicks, tied 4-4. FINALLY, in the 3rd extra penalty kick, WE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the BEST GAME EVER!!!!! I thought I was going to absolutely pass out from excitement, anxiousness, nerves, all these emotions. Now I'm going to watch Ronaldo get his medal...because you know that's why we really watch ;)

Today is historic. It ranks right up there with the discovery of the New World and Al Gore's invention called the Internets. For the first time in the history of the world, two English teams will be competing in the UEFA Champions League Final, being held in Moscow, Russia. The teams are Chelsea, and Ronal.....WOOPS, I mean Manchester United.

For those of you who don't know about football, here's a breakdown. Basically, players can compete with two different teams: Club teams and National teams. It would be kind of like a player from Texas playing for the Dallas Cowboys, but also playing for the State of Texas, if individual States had teams. For example, David Beckham now plays with the LA Galaxy, but he could also play for the English National Team. With these different teams come different championships. Club teams compete within their country for their country's title and also against other club teams around Europe for the UEFA title. National teams also play against each other and you may have heard about the World Cup, which is the ultimate National Team Championship.

Tonight is the UEFA Championship. It could just have easily involved a team from Spain, Italy or any other European country. But tonight is historic because of the two English teams. I am a huge Manchester United Fan, mostly because they have a player named Cristiano Ronaldo, unarguably the BEST player in the WORLD. I have said, and will say again, it is only because of his mad skills that I am a fan. One look at his skills in the linked photo will show you what I mean. Can I get a "hell's yeah" from the ladies?

Well, I'm off to put on my red shirt and put war paint on my face. I'm so excited!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hell Yeah! Cxo

Bill, Shaila and Brody said...

Oh yes, HELL YEAH!!!! Brody will have his shirt on and be cheering also. We know it is only his mad skills that we are attracted to!!!!

Shaila

Bill, Shaila and Brody said...

That's what I'm talkin bout!!!

On Our List said...

WOW!!! Spencer was very impressed with his moves...he declared him the best soccer player in the universe.

Anonymous said...

i'm a little late reading this one - but i say " hell yea! "

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the access to such great pictures! I enjoyed it.
Martha G. in Gatesville