Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Spring is Here!!!



Spring is a time of change. One day it's freezing cold and the next day it isn't. One minute the sun is shining and the next minute there is a torrential downpour with tiny pellets of hail. It can get frustrating because you never really know what the day's weather will hold. The forecasters can't really predict anything except that it will be completely unpredictable. You just learn to never leave home without a light jacket, sunglasses, and an umbrella. But all of these climatic differences can only mean one thing....Summer is on its way! And I LOVE British Summers!! I've only lived through one of them, but boy was it a good one. We didn't even travel last summer because we were having so much fun just hanging out in Richmond.
I think we have turned a corner this weekend. We've had several days in a row of nice, warm weather, and we're even keeping our windows open all day and night to let the fresh air in. I've taken the down comforter off the bed and my mind is swirling with visions of salads and cool drinks. The absolute best part about this time of year is that it's finally time to head outdoors! Yesterday, we joined the Whartons for a picnic and rousing game of football (soccer) in Richmond Park. Today, I did an entire 7 mile loop around the park with Charlie and Adam. Tomorrow is a Bank Holiday over here, which means Edgar has a day off work! I'm sure most of the day will be spent studying, but I'm hoping to pull him out of the flat for at least an hour and a nice walk down the river. With all this activity, I'm hoping to shed this little extra layer of insulation that kept me warm and toasty over the winter!
The above photo was taken from our kitchen window last weekend. You can't really see it in this picture, but there were actually 2 rainbows stacked on top of one another.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see the second one and that happened here last year. Counting the days till we see ya'll. Love mom