Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Serious Trauma at the Gas Station

I couldn't just say "Pain at the Pump"...the typical headline when fuel prices are so high. Today was sheer trauma. Since I can now drive again, my first stop was the gas (petrol in UK) station. Our car was on fumes. Here is the breakdown of my transaction (I'll spare you all the conversions)...

Amount of petrol:
13.95 gallons

Price of petrol:
$8.15/gallon

Total Price: $113.69

Making my friends and family feel better about paying $3.70 per gallon: Priceless

Yes, you read correctly...it really costs $8.15 per gallon over here. Thank goodness for public transportaion!

8 comments:

Bill, Shaila and Brody said...

OMG!!!!!!! I do not think I should complain about $32.00 for a fill-up. That is crazy........ Shaila

On Our List said...

I will never complain about gas prices again!!!

Anonymous said...

and I work for an oil company and we do not get any discounts!!!!

Edgar

Brenton and Jenna Lane said...

WOW!!! That is alot of moooolah for some gas...CRAZY!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I think we will be doing alot of walking when we get over there. I have my walking shoes ready, love mom

Anonymous said...

oh geez.. i was complaining 2 days ago about it costing me almost $70 to fill up my truck.. it's got me comtemplating a motorcycle.. or a smartcar.. or something..

Momicus said...

Proving yet again that the rail system in the UK truly is a wonderful thing!! :D

Vonda & Edgar said...

Momicus-Yep, it is a wonderful thing. You can get anywhere in Europe without a personal car. I wish everyone in the US could experience it and then maybe we could start a public transportation revolution.