Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Is it Just Me?

Or is Wolf Blitzer on CNN one of the most annoying newscasters on TV? We get a different CNN over here, but it does contain some of the same shows as the US CNN, like Anderson Cooper, Larry King Live, and my good friend Wolf. He just always sounds like he is yelling at someone or being sarcastic or something. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I just don't like the tone of his voice. Oh my gosh...I just sounded like my mother! The most unfortunate thing is that he is the lead news anchor for this year's political coverage, so I am forced to watch him alot of the time. The only other US channel we have is MSNBC (thank god they don't subject us to Fox News...sorry Dad). It's not so bad watching the crazy political coverage on the BBC, either. It's good to see it from a broader perspective and they tend to filter out some of the garbage that gets thrown around during a campaign and focus more on the actual candidates.

And speaking of the election, I am a little worried about my voting status. I mailed our absentee voting forms a month ago and still haven't received our ballots. The forms are sent to Houston, since that was our last residence in the US, and we all know the state that Houston is in right now. I don't even know if the office that processes these forms even has power right now. I may try to give them a call today, but I doubt we will be high on their priority list. Hopefully I can get it sorted soon because time is ticking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like your mom hey. That's ok. Love you Mom