Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Friday, September 12, 2008

Scuba

Edgar and I decided to take scuba diving lessons. We have no current plans of visiting any place tropical any time soon, but we wanted to do it...just in case we get one of those great last minute deals. After doing all the course work with the book and in the pool, we have one year to complete the certification with an open water dive. So hopefully, we can jet off someplace cool and exotic in the next year.

The classes are held at my local gym, so we don't have far to go to get there. The only students are Edgar and I and another couple, Emma and Matt, who are going to Malaysia in 3 weeks! So, this means lots of personal attention...which came in handy for me, since I had a bit of trouble adjusting to life underwater. I am motivated to scuba dive. It's something I've always wanted to do. On the other hand, I have this innate fear of drowning (as I'm sure most people do), and I can't keep the "what ifs" out of my head. I know some successful scuba divers who had the same problems when they started out, so I am hopeful I can one day conquer the sea.

I'll keep you updated on our progress. Feel free to leave me any encouraging words!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you know if I could be there to help you through the anxiety I would in a minute. Everyone has their moment to freak out, but I know you can do it. Just relax and go as slow as you need to in order to feel comfortable. So hang in there and know how excited I am for you. Can't wait until we get to take a trip together to see some fishies!!!

Love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Let's just snorkel together. Mom