Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Our New Rides

Edgar and I treated ourselves to some sweet new bikes for our anniversary. We each have road bikes, but those are more for speed, and not for everyday use on streets, curbs, and in the parks. We've been looking around for some sturdy bikes for a while, and when we meandered into our local bike shop the weekend of our anniversary, we found these beauties with great price tags attached. We are having so much fun with them. We can take them around the dirt/gravel paths in Richmond Park, and all along the Thames River towpath-all the way into London if we wanted! I have halved my commute time to the gym (I usually just walk there), and I can get to Charlie's house in no time. I want to put a basket on the front of mine, but I'm having a hard time decided which one to get. I'm going back and forth between the classic wicker basket, and this really cool multicolor one in the shop's catalog. Guess I'll have to decide soon...gotta have some place to put the baguette and flowers!

No comments: