Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Monday, September 01, 2008

You Want a What...???

I don't have kiddos of my own yet, but that doesn't mean I can't laugh at the antics of other people's kids. They really do say the funniest things and it is true that their minds are like little sponges. My 3 year old nephew likes to tell stories, true or usually not true, you just never know what's going to come out of his mouth. I had to call my sister immediately today when I heard this at the grocery store:

I was walking down the aisle with all the pasta and pasta sauce and a mom with her 2 kids were next to me. The youngest was a boy probably around 4 years old. He very innocently and nonchalantly says, " Mummy, can we get some gin and tonic?" I busted out laughing and the mom almost fell over. She said, "Honey, you're giving away all my secrets!" Now, you have to imagine all of this with a little boy British accent. It sounds very proper as it is, and then you throw in the request for a gin and tonic and it is just too funny. He said it as if he were just asking for some ice cream or chocolate. I laughed the entire rest of the shopping trip.

Anyways, that's my comic relief for the day. Hope it made you smile a little bit, too!

2 comments:

Bill, Shaila and Brody said...

You just never know what kids will say and when they will say them. At least I was able to laugh at someone elses expense today.

On Our List said...

Hilarious. I almost wet my pants reading this. Too funny.