Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Gumbo!!!

Jamie Oliver, a.k.a. The Naked Chef, spent many months driving across America in search of what makes true American cuisine. He spent time with and studied the creations of everyone from the Navajo in the Wild West to the soul food cooks in Georgia. All this work culminated in a series on TV and a cookbook to match. We enjoy watching anything American over here, so we tuned into the first episode this past Tuesday and really enjoyed what we saw. Edgar was so inspired that he bought the cookbook! Tonight, we made Jamie's gumbo recipe derived from his time in Louisiana. I have to say that it turned out very, very good! We filled it with the typical veggies like okra and tomatoes, and added the suggested chorizo sausage and shrimp. We wanted to add crab meat, but the grocery store was fresh out. Just to make it complete, I brewed sweet iced tea and our dinner was complete. The best part is that we have leftovers for tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy and i saw the same show. The pictures sure look familiar. I remember our walk thru there and the cookies we bought. Love you mom

Anonymous said...

Үou reallу make it sеem so еasy with your presentation but І
find thiѕ mаtter to be actually something that I think
Ι wοuld neveг underѕtаnd. It
ѕeems too complісated and verу broad for me.
I am looking forωard for youг
next post, I'll try to get the hang of it!

Feel free to visit my homepage :: green coffee bean extract