Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Julie and Julia

I forgot to post about the movie Julie and Julia, which we watched a few weekends ago. Edgar owed me 2 chick flicks for making me sit through The Hurt Locker. It's not that I didn't like THL because it was a somewhat violent war flick, I just didn't think it was a very good movie. Even Edgar agreed that it equalled 2 chick flicks.

So, #1 was Julie and Julia. It was a great movie! Edgar liked it, too. Julie decides to cook her way through all of Julia Child's recipes in her classic cookbook and then blog about it. She had one year to complete over 500 recipes. Meanwhile, a separate storyline traces Julia Child's life as she arrives in France all the way through to the completion of her cookbook. If you get a chance, I recommend you go and see it. Thanks to Lilly for telling me about it.

2 comments:

Rachel B. said...

I really want to see that movie, and I am almost done with the book! Did you read the book prior?

Vonda & Edgar said...

No, I didn't read the book. In fact, I didn't even know what this whole Julie and Julia thing was until my friend told me I had to watch the movie. Kind of wish I would have read the book first now!