Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Ranch AND Sweet Iced Tea

Edgar and I have been to the Texas Embassy several times since moving to London. We can get a slight TexMex fix if we really need to. The food was always OK, but nothing to write home about. I went there when my parents came to visit and discovered that they had revamped the menu. They condensed the menu and focused on fewer things, but made them better. Edgar and I went there a few weekends ago because we really just needed some chips and salsa. Obviously, I'm not drinking margaritas right now, but I still wanted a fun drink, or at least something besides water. So I asked for an iced tea...that's what they call the Lipton premade lemon flavored bottled tea you get over here. It's usually the closest you can come to the tea we are used to. To my surprise, we discovered that they now serve REAL ICED TEA!!!! And the lady asked if I wanted it sweet or unsweet! It's not on the menu...I guess they got tired of too many homesick Texans telling them it can't be a Texas restaurant without real iced tea. They now have pretty good chicken flautas as well. And can you believe that they serve them with a big container of RANCH!!!! I was so in heaven that day.



My chicken flautas with RANCH!!!

Chips and salsa, and REAL ICED TEA!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great. We had great bbq at Shaila and Bill's today. Conly said it was the best he had ever eaten. Bill out did himself and dad made his special sauce. You look great. Love mom