Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

The "Nursery Advice" Session

Saturday was the "nursery advice" appointment at John Lewis on Oxford Street. I almost cancelled it because I didn't think we needed enough things to warrant an entire person walking around the store with us for 2 hours. Most people spend their 2 hours discussing all the different strollers or car seats, but since we don't need that, I was curious as to what exactly would wind up on our "list". Come to find out, we had a nice little selection of basic things we needed. It was worth our time just to have someone right there with us to answer any questions we had about bottles, diapers, creams, and all those little things. Some of the brands over here are different and I don't know what are considered the "it" brands. She very nicely and patiently answered all of our questions, and an hour later, we took our free coffee voucher to the little store cafe and had a snack while she printed up our list. I can't tell you how many people were wondering around that baby section with perplexed looks on their faces. The best ones were the men...they didn't have a clue (and that is something Edgar pointed out, so I'm not just being mean). We already ordered everything off the list we decided we would actually need, and it should arrive on our doorstep in the next few weeks...easy, easy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is really cool! It sounds like a very nice service to have and especially great for first time parents. I know that I would not have a clue as to what to get.