Trip reports, ramblings, photos and videos from our life in Europe. Please feel free to send comments and keep me updated with your emails!

Monday, October 12, 2009

Yeah for Brody!!!

Congratulations to my nephew, Brody, for winning FIRST PLACE in the Heart of Texas Fair and Rodeo's Mutton Bustin' competition! For those of you who don't know what mutton bustin' is, here's the run down...Kids around 5 years old and younger are set on top of a very fluffy sheep, told to hold on for dear life, and as the little sheep shoot opens, they ride this ball of cotton for as long as they can. Some kids fall off right out of the shoot, some hang on sideways for a long time, and some, like Brody, hang on for almost the full length of the arena! The judges give them scores, just like real cowboys, and the one with the highest score wins. I've been to my share of these events, and I can tell you that Brody's score of 90 was excellent...obviously, since he won!

If you would like to see some pictures of the event, just click here
http://www.wacotrib.com/search/mediahub/media/slideshow/index.jsp?tId=191779

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG - yeah Brody!!!! That is great. I saw the pic of him kissing on the trophy lady - startin a little young I see. Too cute!!!! Lisa